What is a Mobile Vendor Permit?
A Mobile Vendor Permit allows the vending of produce, prepared or prepackaged foods, goods, wares, and/or services at semi-permanent locations on private property. Mobile vendors may vend from a single or several locations on a regular basis.
The City recognizes the community benefits that occur from outdoor concessions but the City also recognizes the activity also may pose unsafe conditions and special dangers to the public health, safety and welfare of the residents of the City, therefore the city regulates vending activity. Vending activity is subject to a revocable permit and compliance with performance standards and conditions as described in Chapter 9.32 of the Arroyo Grande Municipal Code.
Please note that you will be notified of a decision on your application within 30 days.
Mobile Vendor Application Checklist
- Completed Application
- Valid California Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Valid Business License
- Copies of Valid San Luis Obispo County Health Permit(s)
- Current Registration of Vending Vehicle
- Evidence of General Liability and Automobile Liability Insurance
- Letter of Consent signed by Property Owner
- Vending Permits Issued by other cities
- Four Color Images of Vending Vehicle or Device
- Site Plan
- Non-refundable Application Fee
Complete the Mobile Vendor permit application (PDF) and the Master permit application online.