The City will be increasing its monitoring and enforcement of water use restrictions. The City wants to remind residents that water conservation restrictions remain in effect and the City continues to offer a comprehensive program of water conservation incentives. Below are the City's mandatory water conservation measures:
- Use of water which results in excessive gutter runoff is prohibited.
- No water shall be used for cleaning driveways, patios, parking lots, sidewalks, streets or other such use except where necessary to protect the public health and safety.
- Outdoor water use for washing vehicles shall be attended and have hand-controlled watering devices, typically including spring-loaded shutoff nozzles.
- Outdoor irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Irrigation of private and public landscaping, turf areas and gardens is permitted at even-numbered addresses only on Mondays and Thursdays and at odd-numbered addresses only on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- No irrigation of private and public landscaping, turf areas and gardens is permitted on Wednesdays. Irrigation is permitted at all addresses on Saturdays and Sundays.
- In all cases, customers are directed to use no more water than necessary to maintain landscaping.
- Emptying and refilling swimming pools and commercial spas are prohibited except to prevent structural damage and/or to provide for the public health and safety.
- Use of potable water for soil compaction or dust control purposes in construction activities is prohibited.