2021-22 Arroyo Grande Community Service Grant Program
The 2021-22 Arroyo Grande Community Service Grant Program is intended to provide monetary grants to eligible community non-profit organizations. The City recognizes the value of such groups, which provide specialized social service, educational, cultural, beautification and recreation programs and projects benefiting its citizens. Grants awarded will be in minimum amounts of not less than $250.
Funding is limited to $82,065 for Grant Year 2021-22.
To be eligible to apply for grant monies under the City's 2021-22 Community Service Grant Program, a community organization must satisfy the following standards:
- Operate as a non-profit 501(c)(3);
- Serve the Arroyo Grande community;
- Use funds provided to directly provide* a social service, educational, cultural, beautification or recreation program or project to Arroyo Grande residents and/or businesses;
- Not restrict participants based upon race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, or age; and
- Not use grant monies specifically for religious activities.
- American Rescue Plan Act funds are restricted to organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. See page 4 of the grant application for more information.
* "Directly provide" means that the community non-profit organization conducts the social service(s) or cultural program(s) itself rather than through a separate entity to which it sub-awards grant monies.
Application Process and Deadline:
All interested non-profit organizations must complete an application form, including the following:
- Cover sheet
- Program/Service Information
- Scope of Work or Work Plan and Budget Worksheet
- Signed Agreement with the City of Arroyo Grande
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status
Completed application forms, along with supplemental documents must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 17, 2021 addressed to:
City of Arroyo Grande
Community Development Department
Andrew Perez, Associate Planner
300 E. Branch Street
Arroyo Grande CA 93420
OR SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO
Please click the link below to download and complete the application. The application is a fillable PDF, and applicants are encouraged to complete this packet electronically. Alternatively, applicants may print and complete the application packet by hand, and wither scan and submit electronically or mail the hard copy to the above listed address. Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting applications in person.
Community Service Grant Committee
The Community Service Grant Committee consists of one member from each of the City's existing committees and commissions. The Committee reviews all applications and develops recommendations for consideration by the City Council.
Evaluation of Applications and Selection Process
Following the application deadline, the appointed Community Service Grant Committee will review and consider proposals from community groups. All proposals will be evaluated to ascertain which non-profit organizations best meet the needs that the City seeks to satisfy. Factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The non-profit organization's responsiveness in clearly stating the benefits to be derived by the resident of the City of Arroyo Grande, if grant funds are awarded;
- The number of City of Arroyo Grande residents by age group served by the non-profit organization; geographic area(s) and total number of clients served by the non-profit organization;
- The non-profit organization's history of providing community services to the residents of the City of Arroyo Grande; and
- The non-profit organization's financial need for grant funds to service the City of Arroyo Grande residents.
Award of Funds
Following the Community Service Grant Committee's screening process, the Committee will present its recommendations to the City Council. The City Council will review the Committee's report and consider award of funds to selected non-profit organizations. In all cases, the City Council retains sole and absolute discretion in administering this program, including which applicants will be awarded funds and the total level of funding in each instance.
Execution of Agreement
Non-profit organizations selected to receive funds will be required to sign and execute an agreement with the City of Arroyo Grande. NOTE: If award of funds is made, a recipient non-profit organization will be required to expend grant monies prior to the close of the calendar year on June 30, 2022.
For more information regarding the Arroyo Grande Community Service Grant Program, please contact Andrew Perez, Associate Planner, Community Development Department, at 805-473-5425.