2022 General Municipal Election
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 8, 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Arroyo Grande on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, for the following Officers:
- One (1) Mayor for a full term of two (2) years
- One (1) District 1 Member of the City Council for full term of four (4) years
- One (1) District 4 Member of the City Council for full term of four (4) years
CITY OF ARROYO GRANDE
To provide funding for general governmental use in Arroyo Grande, including maintenance and repair of streets, sidewalks, stormwater and drainage facilities, and for other City programs and facilities, shall an ordinance establishing a one percent sales tax be adopted, providing approximately $5,600,000 annually until ended by the City Council and requiring annual reports on revenues and expenditures, and review and public hearing by the City Council every five years on its necessity?
Candidates Running for Elective Office
The list of candidates reflects the order determined by the Secretary of State in a randomized alphabet drawing on August 18, 2022.
FOR MAYOR - Vote for one (1)
Caren Ray Russom
Dale T. Hanson
FOR DISTRICT 1 MEMBER OF THE CITY COUNCIL - Vote for one (1)
Kathleen P. Secrest
FOR DISTRICT 4 MEMBER OF THE CITY COUNCIL - Vote for one (1)
James Robert Guthrie
Voter registration forms are available at the San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder’s Office, library, DMV, U.S. post offices, and City Hall. For additional information, visit the California Secretary of State website. The last day to register to vote in the November 8, 2022 election is October 24, 2022.
Additional Election Information and Resources
- Fair Political Practices Commission : The Technical Assistance Division of the FPPC will provide telephone assistance Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM at (866) 275-3772 concerning campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest.
- Arroyo Grande City Clerk’s Office: The City Clerk is responsible for coordinating the Municipal Election and receiving all Campaign Filing Statements for local candidates. To contact the City Clerk’s Office, call (805) 473-5400, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (except holidays), or send an e-mail.
- San Luis Obispo County Election’s Office: Find your polling place, voter status and more online.
- Voter’s Edge California is an online resource that provides nonpartisan information on elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.
- Success in Public Service : What You Need to Know Before You Are Appointed or Elected